- 1/2 tsp olive oil (to grease slice tin)
- 5 eggs whisked
- 1 cup bacon sliced into small strips (approximately 3 rashers)
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup corn kernels (optional, see note 1)
- 1 cup grated tasty cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced brown onion
- 1/4 cup sliced spring onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 175c (all ovens).
- Grease a slice tin (approximately 20cm x 30cm) and line with baking paper.
- Combine ingredients and spoon into greased slice tin.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until set and slightly starting to turn golden around the edges.
Note 1 – You can use frozen, fresh or canned corn.
Can I substitute the vegetables in Zucchini Slice? Yes! This recipe calls for 2.5 cups of vegetables and you can use any you like. Grated carrot, broccoli, cauliflower, sweet potato or finely diced capsicum would all work brilliantly.
Can I freeze Zucchini Slice? Zucchini slice freezes very well. Simply cook as per the recipe, slice and store in an air-tight container or reusable ziplock bags. Keep 1-2 months in the freezer. Reheat in the microwave from frozen or defrost in the fridge overnight before reheating in the oven.
How long does Zucchini Slice last in the fridge? Keep zucchini slice stored in an air-tight container for 2-3 days. Serve cold or heated.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.