Vietnamese Pork Bowl
- 500g pork mince (you can also use chicken)
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cooking oil (I used Canola but any are fine except for olive oil)
- 125g of vermicelli/rice noodles (I use Changs) cook as per packet instructions
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 oak leaf lettuce, leaves torn
- 1 spring onion chopped
- 20 of your favourite freezer spring rolls (mine were gifted to me by a beautiful friend whose Mum made them)
Dressing (Nuoc Mam Cham)
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- 1 red birds eye chilli finely chopped (I added this last and reserved some without for the kids)
- On a medium heat, in a medium saucepan, saute your onion and garlic in oil until softened. Should take about 1 minute.
- Increase to high heat, add your pork and cook until browned (this will take a few minutes).
- Add fish sauce, kecap manis and brown sugar. Continue cooking until caramelised. Remove off heat.
- Cook spring rolls as per packet instructions.
- Arrange noodles, lettuce and tomato in bowls.
- Top noodles with pork mince and spring rolls.
- Sprinkle with chopped spring onion and drizzle with dressing.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.