Sticky Beef Noodles
- 500g beef mince (although this works just as well with chicken mince, pork mince or tofu)
- 250g thin noodles of choice (thin egg noodles, soba or ramen, pictured is ramen)
- 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tsp grated ginger (I keep a knob of ginger in the freezer and grate on demand)
- 1/3 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/3 cup tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 cups vegetables (I used frozen broccoli)
- 1 sliced chilli (optional)
- Chilli oil to serve (optional)
- Sesame seeds to garnish (optional)
- Cook noodles as per packet instructions. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Heat large skillet on high heat. Add olive oil, garlic and ginger, cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add beef and cook until sealed 2-3 minutes.
- Add sweet chilli sauce, tamari (or all purpose soy sauce if using) and rice wine vinegar. Cook 2-3 minutes until sauce the sauce has thickened and caramelised. Try not to stir it around too much, the sauce will thicken more quickly with less movement.
- Add the vegetables. Place the lid on, cook additional 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.
- Add the noodles and spring onion, cook 1 minute or until the noodles are heated through.
- Serve with sliced chilli, chilli oil drizzled on top and sesame seeds if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.