Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini
- Spinach and Ricotta Tortellini packet (enough to serve 4 – I use Rana pasta, I find it’s the best quality for a ready-made pasta. I buy it when it’s on special, two packets are enough to feed my family of four).
- 2 cans whole tinned tomatoes
- 4-6 large garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Parmesan and vegetable of choice to serve (I used frozen broccoli steamed)
- Finely chop garlic.
- Blitz the tomatoes in a food processer/blender/nutribullet. You can use passata but this is the same thing, cheaper and tastes so much better.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and sautee garlic on a medium heat.
- Add tomato and seasoning.
- Bring 1-2L of water to the boil in a large pot.
- Cook sauce for 25mins.
- Cook pasta as per packet instructions, mix pasta into sauce.
- Serve topped with parmesan and your choice of vegetables on the side.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.