Salmon Green Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skin on salmon fillets (see note 1) seasoned with 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tin Maesri green curry paste (see note 2)
- 400ml tin coconut cream (see note 3)
- 100g grape tomatoes (half a punnet)
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 zucchini finely sliced (or zoodles approximately 1 cup)
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- To serve: jasmine rice and fresh coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil on high heat in a large, deep pan.
- Cook salmon fillets for 4 minutes turning once half way, set aside on a plate.
- Reduce pan to medium heat, add Maesri curry paste, coconut cream and grape tomatoes. Simmer 2 mins.
- Add sugar snap peas and zucchini to the pan along with fish sauce, sugar and lime juice. Stir to combine.
- Return salmon to pan, place lid on, cook 2 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
- Serve with jasmine rice and fresh coriander.
Note 1 – Skin on salmon fillets are easier to cook. The skin being intact makes the fillets easier to turn in the pan without falling apart. Skin off fillets are fine to use too but may break apart more easily. Pat the salmon fillets dry with paper towel before seasoning (this will mean they splatter less during cooking and help form a crispy crust on the outside).
Note 2 – This curry paste is additive free and is made with simple ingredients. Not only is it authentic in taste and absolutely delicious, it is one of the more inexpensive options, available at most major supermarkets. Use half a tin for less spice.
Note 3 – Coconut milk is a suitable substitute, however the sauce will be thinner.
Feeling extra fancy? Add 1 tbsp each roughly chopped kaffir lime leaves and Thai basil at the same time you add the fish sauce to the pan. If these are herbs you have never cooked with before, you will be transported to your local Thai restaurant using these! They are familiar, delicious flavours that will give the dish a further depth of flavour.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.