- 300g fresh peeled and deveined green prawns, tail left intact (tossed in 1/2 tsp sweet paprika, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper)
- 500g spaghetti
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves freshly chopped (1 tbsp worth)
- 1/2 red onion finely diced
- 1 punnet (250g) cherry tomato
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (plus extra to serve)
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh parsley
- Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions less 1 minute, reserve 1 cup of cooking water.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet. Once hot, add prawns and cook 1 minute each side.
- Remove prawns from heat, in the same pan add remaining 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and red onion. Stir 30 seconds until fragrant. Add 1/2 cup pasta cooking water (take it out of the pot while the pasta is cooking if you need to).
- Add cherry tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, cook 2-3 minutes. Squash tomatoes with the back of a fork to release juices.
- Add 2 tbsp tomato paste and remaining half cup of pasta cooking water.
- Drain spaghetti and toss through sauce.
- Stir through parmesan.
- Add prawns back to skillet, stir through parsley and serve immediately.
- Sprinkle with extra parmesan and salt if desired.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.