- 8 medium sized potatoes (I normally factor 2 per person if you want to scale this recipe up)
- 2 heaped tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp baby capers
- 1 tbsp finely chopped gherkins
- 1/2 finely chopped red onion
- 1 tbsp chopped dill (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- In a large, microwave safe container, add potatoes (skin on) and 1/2 cup of tap water. Place the lid on slightly ajar and cook in microwave for 10 mins.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, leave them to stand for at least 5 mins, lid on.
- Peel the skin off the potatoes using your fingers and a butter knife. It will peel off easily.
- Once peeled, cut the potatoes into bite sized pieces, they may crumble a little and that’s okay.
- Combine your dressing ingredients and toss through your potatoes. Serve warm or refrigerate for later.
Can this potato salad be made ahead? Yes! Cover and refrigerate up to 3 days. As the salad sits, the potatoes absorb the dressing. It may be less creamy once it comes time to serve (but still delicicous). You can add an additional 2 tbsp of mayonnaise when serving if you would like the dressing to be more creamy.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.