Poached Chicken Asian Soup
- 2 poached chicken breasts (I used simple this recipe)
- 8 cups chicken broth/stock (or 8 cups of water and 2 chicken stock cubes)
- 2 tbsp tamari (or all purpose soy)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves whole
- 200g mushrooms of choice sliced
- 1 bunch buk choy halved
- 200g egg noodles
- Fried shallot to serve (I use these)
- Chilli oil or sauce to serve (optional)
- Black and white sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- In a large pot add chicken broth/stock (or water and stock cubes if using), tamari (or all purpose soy) and 2 whole garlic cloves. Bring to the boil on high heat.
- Add mushrooms, simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- In final 2 mins of cooking, add egg noodles and bok choy.
- Serve in individual bowls topped with poached chicken, sesame oil, fried shallots, chilli sauce/oil and sesame seeds if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.