Perfect Soft Boiled Eggs
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. The pot needs to be large enough to fit the eggs in a single layer with at least 3cm of water covering the eggs.
- Once the water is rapidly boiling, gently submerge the eggs (straight from the fridge). Set a timer for 6 minutes.
- As soon as the timer goes, remove the eggs using a slotted spoon and run them under cold tap water for 30 seconds. This will stop the cooking process and ensure your eggs are cool enough to handle.
- Use a butter knife or spoon to crack the top of the shell off. If you find the yoke to be a bit watery at the top, use a spoon to gentle swirl it into the egg yolk, the residual heat will cook it through and you will be left with a perfectly cooked soft boiled egg!
- Season with salt sprinkled on top and serve with buttered toast soldiers.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created Simple Home Edit to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.