- 1 heaped tsp freshly minced garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 200g sliced button mushrooms
- 1 chicken stock cube (or 1 cup chicken broth)
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Heat a large skillet on high heat. Add butter and once melted, add sliced mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic, stirring for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add chicken stock cube and 1 cup of water (or 1 cup of chicken broth if using).
- Reduce heat to medium, add pure cream and cook for 2-3 minutes until sauce thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat and stir through Parmesan. Season to taste with salt.
Makes approximately 2 cups of sauce, enough to generously drizzle over 4 chicken schnitzels/steaks. Try this amazing sauce with my freezer friendly chicken schnitzel.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.