Honey Soy Chicken Soba Noodle Bowl
Honey soy chicken
- 1kg chicken thigh fillets (chicken breast works too)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
Soba noodle dressing
- 270g packet of soba noodles (I used these)
- 1 tbsp whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or any white vinegar)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Your choice of vegetables, I have used red cabbage, wombok cabbage, coriander, red chilli, spring onion, carrot, cucumber, sugar snap peas (blanched in boiling water for 1 minute).
- Cook soba noodles for 4 minutes in boiling water, draining and rinsing with cold tap water.
- Mix the soba noodle dressing ingredients and toss through the noodles.
- Combine chicken marinade ingredients and pour over chicken. Leave to marinate 5 minutes.
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat, add chicken reserving the marinade.
- Cook chicken 12 minutes, turning once half way and adding 1/3 cup of water to the pan halfway.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the skillet, set aside.
- Add remaining marinade to pan, cook 2-3 minutes until it thickens slightly. Pour on top of cooked chicken.
- Serve noodles topped with chicken, sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) and serve with mixed salads.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.