- 1 kg potatoes (roughly 8 potatoes, see note 1)
- 1/4 bunch parsley finely chopped
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup panko breadcrumbs (or fresh breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 200c convection or 180c fan forced.
- Cut slices into each potato roughly 3mm-6mm apart, being careful not to cut all the way down.
- Place potatoes in baking tray.
- Combine the parsley, 2 tbsp melted unsalted butter (reserve third tablespoon for later) and salt. Drizzle the mixture over the potatoes.
- Roast for 1 hour, remove from oven.
- Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and 1 tbsp unsalted butter in a small bowl.
- Top each potato with the breadcrumb, parmesan cheese and butter mixture.
- Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until crispy and golden all over.
- Serve immediately.
Note 1 – This recipe works with any potato. Pictured are white, washed potatoes. This recipe works best with unpeeled potatoes as the skin helps to keep the potato in tact. It also goes deliciously crispy!
Recipe inspired by the incredible Jamie Oliver. Check out his version of hasselback potatoes here.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.