- 500g green prawns, peeled and deveined, tail left in tact
- 2 cans whole peeled tomatoes blitzed to a puree (you can use ready-made passata but this way is cheaper and tastier!)
- 6 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Parmesan to serve
- Crusty bread or pasta to serve
- Fresh chilli to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Sautee garlic and olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat until garlic is softened.
- Add blitzed tomatoes along with salt and pepper.
- Simmer on low heat, lid-on for 25 mins.
- Add prawns ensuring they are submerged in sauce, cook for 3-5 minutes. They will take next to no time to cook, once they have changed colour, remove the skillet off the heat.
- Serve with cooked pasta or crusty bread to dip (or both!).
- Sprinkle with parmesan and chilli (optional).
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.