Eggplant and Tofu Red Curry
- 500g regular tofu (I use Macro Classic Tofu regular)
- 2 tbsp red curry paste (I used the Aldi paste but normally buy Maesri red curry paste and highly recommend it)
- 1 large eggplant cut into small cubes (around 1.5cm x 1.5cm)
- 1 cup vegetables (I used frozen broccoli and beans)
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 bundles of egg noodles (I use Pandaroo thin egg noodles)
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Fried shallots to garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add eggplant and cook for 2-3 minutes until it starts to soften and brown.
- Add red curry paste, cook 30 seconds. Add coconut milk. Bring to boil, add remaining vegetables. Cook for 5 minutes until eggplant is soft and remaining vegetables are cooked through.
- In the meantime cook the noodles as per the packet instructions.
- Drain tofu and cut into cubes, add to curry and cook for 2 minutes. Try not to stir it too much to avoid breaking up the tofu.
- Serve alongside noodles and sprinkle with fried shallots if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.