Easy Fried Rice
- 3 cups cold, cooked rice (you can use freshly cooked rice too, but add it at the end of the cook just before adding the sauces so it doesn’t break up)
- 4 eggs whisked (I like to use 1 egg person)
- 1 cup bacon diced
- 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 2 spring onions finely sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari (or all purpose soy sauce)
- Fried shallots to serve (optional)
- Heat olive oil oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat. Add bacon and garlic. Cooking stirring for 1 minute.
- Add rice, break it up using your spoon and combine with the bacon mixture.
- Add corn and peas. Cook further 1 minute stirring until the corn and peas are just defrosted.
- Push all to one side of pan, add egg.
- Allow the egg to cook through completely before stirring through the rice (this will take 1-2 minutes) and then use your spoon to break it up. Stir the egg through the rice mixture.
- Add spring onions, tamari and sesame oil. Stir to coat the rice in the sauce. Remove from heat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of fried shallots if using.
Can fried rice be frozen? Absolutely. Fried rice freezes exceptionally well. Simply freeze in a glass container and defrost in the microwave for 3-4 minutes stirring half way.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.