EASY Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup full cream milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 40g or 2 tbsp unsalted butter (I melt in 20 second intervals in the microwave)
- 1 tsp olive oil or olive oil spray
This recipe does not include sugar as I find the pancakes sweet enough with the addition of maple syrup drizzled on top. If you would like to make a sweeter pancake, you can add 1/4 cup of caster sugar to your dry mix.
- Add self raising flour and baking powder to a large bowl (add sugar at this point if using).
- In a seperate bowl, whisk the milk and egg. Add the butter and vanilla extract. The butter may go a little lumpy in the mixture as it cools and that’s okay.
- Add the wet ingredients to the flour and whisk until combined.
- Preheat a non-stick pan on medium-low heat. The low heat stops the pancakes browning too much on the outside. Add a drizzle of olive oil to the pan if it needs it.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to dollop the mixture into the pan. Your pancakes will need to cook 1-2 minutes per side. Half way through cooking I like to pop a lid on top to help the insides cook through.
- Serve immediately with your favourite toppings. This recipe will make 8 pancakes.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.