Easy Asian Noodles
- 250g thin noodles
- 2 tbsp tamari (or all-purpose soy sauce)
- 1 tbsp chicken stock powder (or 1/3 cup chicken stock/broth)
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 300g chicken breast
- 2 cups vegetables of choice (I used sliced mushrooms, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas, sliced choy sum)
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 sliced spring onion to serve
- 1 sliced red chilli to serve (optional)
- Sesame seeds to serve (optional)
- Prepare noodles as per packet instructions less 1 minute. Rinse with cold water to stop them cooking. They will finish cooking in the pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the tamari, chicken stock powder and 1/3 cup of water (or 1/3 cup chicken stock/broth if using), brown sugar and corn flour until combined. Set sauce aside.
- Heat oil on high heat in large skillet. Add ginger and cook 30 seconds.
- Add chicken breast, cook until sealed and slightly golden (2-3 minutes). Add vegetables, stirring 2 minutes.
- Add noodles and sauce, cook 1 minute until heated through and sauce has thickened.
- Drizzle with sesame oil.
- Serve topped with sliced spring onion, sliced chilli and sesame seeds if using.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.