One Pot Creamy Lemon Chicken
- 6-8 chicken thigh cutlets (1.2kg) skin on or off (bone in works best but thigh fillets would work too)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves roughly chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1 tbsp sweet paprika
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 chicken stock cube crumbled
- 1 cup pouring cream
- 2 tbsp grated parmesan
- 1 lemon juiced (1/4 cup lemon juice)
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 6 sprigs fresh thyme (leaves removed and stems discarded)
- 2 handfuls baby spinach (no need to cut)
- Preheat oven to 200c fan forced.
- Rub chicken thigh all over with salt, pepper and paprika (this is a dry rub).
- In a large, oven proof skillet, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sear chicken until it is browned all over. This process will take between 5-8 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same pan, add butter and garlic, stirring 1 minute until the garlic is fragrant.
- Add lemon lemon juice, scraping up all the pan juices. Stir 30 seconds.
- Add stock cube, cream, spinach, thyme and 1 cup of water. Stir 30 seconds until spinach has wilted, then add the parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Return chicken to pan taking care for sauce to not cover the chicken skin or top so it remains crispy.
- Cook in oven uncovered for 30 mins.
- Rest at least 10 minutes before serving to allow the juices to mingle and the chicken to soften.
- Serve with your favourite sides.
This recipe is inspired by Lala’s Kitchen thermomix recipe which you can view here. Note the consistency of this sauce is thin and stock based (a broth like consistency).
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.