Chicken and Mushroom Risotto
- 500g chicken thigh filled cubed
- 500g mushrooms
- 1 onion chopped finely
- 2 garlic cloves chopped finely
- 2 tbsp olive oil (or any cooking oil)
- 3 tbsp grated parmesan plus extra to serve on top
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 2 stock cubes
- Chilli flakes and olive oil to drizzle optional
- 1 full kettle of water boiled
- Saute onion and garlic in oil on medium heat until soft.
- Add your rice and stir for one minute until translucent.
- Increase heat to high, add your chicken thigh and cook until sealed. This dish won’t work with chicken breast unless you sear it first and add it at the end once the rice is cooked.
- Add your mushrooms and 2 stock cubes along with about 1/2 cup of water from the kettle.
- Stir until the water absorbs and then add water again, stirring.
- Continue this process of adding water until the rice is completely cooked. It should be nice and soft. It will take 20 minutes. You might need to boil more water during.
- Once the rice is cooked, take the pot off the heat. Add in your butter and parmesan, stir through.
- Let the risotto sit for 10 mins before eating to absorb all the flavour.
- Serve with parmesan sprinkled on top and enjoy!
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.