Cheat’s Caesar Salad Dressing
- 1/3 cup store bought whole egg mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tbsp freshly grated parmesan, plus extra to sprinkle on top (see note)
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-3 cups of lettuce leaves. Works best with cos lettuce (pictured), gem lettuce or oak leaf lettuce
- Combine dressing ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add washed lettuce leaves, toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan to serve.
Note: Use only freshly grated parmesan for this. Ant-caking agents are used in many grated cheeses which gives them a different texture and taste. Freshly grated will melt into the dressing and taste absolutely delicious!
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.