Beef Mince & Pea Stew
- 500g beef mince
- 2 onions roughly chopped
- 4 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and roughly chopped
- 500g frozen peas
- 1 tsp sweet paprika
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp cooking oil (I used olive oil)
- 2 tins whole tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 2 cups water
- Rice to serve
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in large skillet on medium heat. Add onions and garlic, cook for 5 minutes until softened.
- Add beef mince, cook additional 3 minutes until sealed.
- Add paprika, black pepper, salt, cumin and cinnamon. Stir 1 minute.
- Add potatoes, carrots and peas. Stir 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce to low simmer and cook lid on for 40 mins.
- Remove lid and cook for a further 20 mins. Serve with steamed rice.
Recipe inspiration is from Meliz Cooks – Her instagram handle is @melizcooks if you want to check out
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.