5 Minute Garlic Bread
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 french stick/baguette cut into 1.5cm slices
- 1.5 cups grated melting cheese (see note 1) optional
- Preheat oven grill.
- Melt butter in 10 second intervals in the microwave until it’s just softened (it will take roughly 20 seconds).
- Mix in garlic, parsley and salt using a spoon.
- Spread the butter mixture one side the bread slices.
- Top each slice with cheese.
- Place your bread on a baking tray (use two trays if needed so that no pieces are over-lapping). Grill for 2-5 minutes. They will cook quickly, so stay close.
- Serve immediately.
Note 1 – I like to opt for mozzarella or tasty cheese. I prefer to buy a block and freshly grate. Not only is it generally cheaper, it tastes so much better. Pre-grated cheeses in the supermarket also often contain anti-caking agents and preservatives to stop them clumping up.
Can I freeze homemade garlic bread? Yes! Homemade garlic bread freezes exceptionally well. Baguette or french stick is best. Instead of cutting the bread into slices, cut the baguette into slices but not cutting all the way through. Spread the butter onto each cut side of the bread slices, it’s okay if some ends up on top. Stuff each slice with cheese. Wrap tightly in foil and freeze up to 3 months. To cook, preheat oven to 180c fan forced. Place garlic bread in oven fully encased with foil and cook 20-25 mins.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.