2 Ingredient Sticky Chicken
- 500g chicken thigh fillet lightly flattened (using a mallet or rolling pin)
- 1/4 cup light soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Cooked rice to serve
- Frozen vegetable mix steamed to serve
- Mix light soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce in a large bowl, add chicken making sure it’s submerged.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Pull chicken from marinade and add to pan (reserve remaining marinade in bowl).
- Cook chicken for 8 minutes until it begins to caramelise.
- Add remaining marinade to pan along with water. Cook 2-4 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- Slice chicken and serve with rice and vegetables with extra sauce drizzled on top.
Share this recipe!
I’m Nic, wife and Mum to two little people. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I created The Simple Housewife to inspire others to buy with intention, eat well with simple ingredients, own less and live more.
Subscribe to my newsletter
Keep up-to-date with my latest articles, videos and tips.